Alnylam Patient Education Liaisons (PELs) are professionals with backgrounds in nursing who can provide answers and information to you and your family about hereditary ATTR (hATTR) amyloidosis and treatment with ONPATTRO® (patisiran), a prescription medicine that treats the polyneuropathy caused by hATTR amyloidosis in adults. PELs can provide disease and product education, connect you to additional resources, and answer questions about ONPATTRO.
The purpose of the Alnylam PEL team is to provide education to patients, their families, and caregivers.
- PELs engage with patients one-on-one to provide education and participate in family meetings
- PELs help raise awareness about hATTR amyloidosis in community health organizations and advocacy groups
- PELs are employees of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals. They are not healthcare providers and should not be considered part of your healthcare team
- PELs do not provide medical care or advice
- All diagnosis and treatment decisions should be made by you and your doctor
My own experiences really play a large part in how I deliver education to patients and their families.
JOANNA, Alnylam PEL